As it come up with lot of benefits and features which an ordinary antivirus won’t be able to provide. Norton comes up with three different beneficial packages:
Standard: 1 device (PC, MAC or Mobile),
Deluxe: 5 devices will be covered and
Premium: 10 devices will be covered.
All of these packages come with the lot of features which have been categorized according to the package one will opt for.
All of the features have been discussed below:
- Norton antivirus protects and defends your device from the ransomware attacks, spyware, computer viruses, malware and other different online threats.
- Norton antivirus comes up with the advanced security feature which helps you to protect your personal information and financial information when you go online.
- Norton antivirus can be used on one or more devices such as Macs, PCs, tablets and smartphones, that too with the single subscription depending upon the plan and package you had bought.
- Norton antivirus provides you with the Norton expert, from the moment you subscribe, it will help you protect your device(s) from the viruses.
- Norton antivirus comes up with the premium safety features so that your family members including your kids using internet can explore safely.
- Norton antivirus comes up with the feature of backup, as it can backup your important documents, files and folders containing your photos and media files of your choice on windows computer and even financial files as well.
- Norton antivirus is the only antivirus which provides the highest secure cloud storage of 25 GB to its users. This storage can be exceeded as per your needs.
- Norton antivirus comes up with Norton safe web feature to ensure your safe browsing and block the malicious url if found.
- Another same feature from Norton antivirus is the Norton Safe Search.
- You have Parental Controls in Norton antivirus, just to ensure that your kids can explore internet safely.
- Some other features of Norton antivirus are:
- Real time Scan
- Quick Scan
- Full computer Scan
- Identity Safe
- Life Lock
- Cloud Based Controls
- Network Defense layer
- Scam Insight
- Password Generator
- Password Manager
Measures to take to use risk free internet:
• Make it sure that all of your private information is limited, don't provide your personal information regarding your banking and accounts to anybody online until and unless you have authorized them and have trust in them. • Your privacy settings should always be on. There are online marketers who love to know things about you, so do hackers. Your social media usage and browsing becomes the medium for them to know a lot about you. In the setting of the web browsers and mobile devices you will always find the features to protect your privacy, make it sure that its always enabled. • Make it a habit to browse safely. Avoid visiting unauthorized websites as they could be having some of the malicious links in them by which all of your personal information could be leaked out. Avoid clicking the suspicious links which could be in the form of an image or the thumbnail of a video or may be in the format of a document. • Your Internet connection must be safe and secure. Make it sure that the internet connections you are or will use have securities installed in it. Don't access your banking or personal information like in case you have to use the public WiFi connection where you won’t be having any kind of control over its security. • Download the files from the source carefully and download them from authorized websites only. If we talk about the cybecriminals, they can trick you to download a malicious file that could be a malware may be in the form of a program, a file or an app that carry virus(s) and can also steal your information. Make it a habit not to download files or apps from the websites you don't trust. • Your passwords related to any of the account such as a bank account, email account or any other portal must be strong. People who use an easy kind of a password such as those which could be common, makes it easy for a hacker to hack it. In order to avoid this, make it sure the password that you use must be long and have mixed characters, such as you can use upper and lower case letters, use numbers and even special characters. To remember those passwords you can even use a password manager that will remember and manages passwords for you. • Use secure sites whenever you have to purchase anything online. The basic identification of the secured websites is that it will start with https: (where in S stands for secure) rather than visiting the sites starting with http. Else your banking information could be at risk. • Last but not the least your Antivirus program should be up to date. Antivirus is the software that will protect your computer from the false and malicious files, links, software and online attacks.
What is a virus?
Technically, a computer virus is kind of a programmed malicious code designed and written to spread from device to device and alter the way of operations performed by the computer. A virus inserts itself in a trusted and legitimate file, document, folder or a program that support macros so that it can execute the code written in it. It is the virus that can have damaging effects which includes corrupting data by which it can destroy or harm the system software, even the Operating System (norton.com/setup)
How does a Virus Attack a Computer?
If a user runs or installs any file or a document infected by the virus results in the execution of the virus code. The virus lie a dormant on a computer that cause the device or computer to execute the code programmed in it, without showing any kind of signs. (norton.com/setup)
Once the computer gets infected by the virus it infects all of the devices or computers if connected on the same network. A virus can steal the information, passwords or data. It can cause files to get corrupt, your email contacts could be at the risk of spamming, even the most important thing it can take over the users device. The virus can cause damage to users hard disk and could even erase all of the data from the computer as well. Some Viruses are designed to be playful in intent, some to damage the device and some for the financial gains.
How a computer virus can spread?
Now a day’s all of the devices such as computers, mobile phones, tablets and other electronic gadgets that have the internet facility are connected by the source of internet on the global level. This becomes the medium for a virus to travel from a device to device. A virus can spread by emails and the attachments present in the text messages, downloaded files from internet, and the scam link in social media as well.
Some shady apps might have malicious codes or files with them can infect your mobile devices and smart phones. These viruses might be in the form of audio, video, image or any file that are shareable.
To be on the safe side and avoid the connections to the virus to stay safe, you should never download such files or the attachments from the emails or text messages or even the websites that you don’t trust. (www.norton.com/setup)
What are the symptoms of the computer virus?
- Pop-up windows on your computer.
- Changing of the homepage of your web browsers.
- Unknown and bulk emails sent from your personal email accounts.
- Crashes of some programs or applications in your computer system.
- Performance of the computer gets slow.
- When you turn on your computer device some unknown programs start up.
- You won’t be able to login to your computer, activities such as unusual password changes can happen.
How to protect your computer from viruses?
There are some of the things that you can do to protect your computer from the viruses, they are given below:
- Use an Antivirus on your devices, such as Norton Antivirus.
- If you download a file from the internet, scan them before running those files.
- Make it an habit to scan the attachments in your email before you open them.
- If any advertisement pop up appears on the screen, avoid clicking on it.